ESA Foundation Grant Application Information
ESA Foundation is dedicated to supporting positive programs and opportunities that make a difference in the lives of America’s youth and leverage the collective power of the interactive entertainment industry to create a positive social impact in our communities. ESA Foundation supports geographically diverse projects and programs that benefit American boys and girls of all races and religions and does not support programs or projects that discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, religion or sexual orientation.
To be considered for funding, an organization making a grant request must meet the following criteria:
- Be tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or be a governmental unit exempt under Section 115 and described in Section 170(c)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code,
- Seek funding for a specific project or program that is or will be implemented or available nationwide or at a minimum in two or more states in the United States,
- Serve American youth ages 7-18, and
- Provide programs and services that utilize computer and video games to provide projects and services that benefit America’s youth and young adults.
Restrictions: In general, ESA Foundation does not accept applications for endowment, operating support, benefit and event fundraisers, annual fund appeals, youth sports teams, religious organizations for religious purposes, political organizations or campaigns, labor groups, indirect costs, research or fiscal agents. Grants are not made to individuals or for projects outside the United States of America.
The following guidelines are used in evaluating every grant application:
- Alignment with the ESA Foundation’s specified areas of interest,
- Evidence that the program or project responds to a valid need and is superior to other competing programs or projects,
- Evidence of previous program or project success or likely success in the future as demonstrated by past success, and
- Evidence of program or project accountability.
The ESA Foundation reserves the right to revise the grant criteria and/or process at any time.